Share:
Notifications
Clear all

These forums are now closed.

Head over to the NEW revamped UKAuthors website where there are new forums and lots more good stuff!

UKAuthors.com

ukauthors.com

Thanks

UKA 2021  

RSS
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Member Admin

Let's discuss UKAuthors 2021!

Should I reinstate the original (2016-2020) version as it was but wiped clean for a new start?

Should it be something different? eg a social networking sort of things for writers?

Should it stay as just these forums?

What direction?

Discuss

Posted : 09/09/2020 7:02 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Member Moderator

Good call on the new thread, Richard. 👍 

Have you got a screenshot of the 2016 - 2020 front page? Old critturs like me have got a poor memory. 

Looking for clauses in the Ten Commandments

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2020 7:37 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Eminent Member

yes reinstate the original with or without a last chance to see if the group of people that created unpleasant problems has the maturity like myself to admit they're wrong or that (like myself) uka is the only solution with a future, and they should try to help uka survive and leave personal evaluations or theories behind them.

do it this way only if you are able as site admins to act immediately and without remorse in case someone reappears only to refer to his or her past experience on uka not only in a cantankerous way but also politely and ban him/her for good. let's forget unpleasant stories, let's move on, peacefully and creatively. nobody cares about those who don't get it and are not mature to move on as part of one of the few if not the only community of rather high standard.

now I will try to rejoin, I want you all happy again with uka and everybody to appreciate each other again or continue to enjoy each other's writing and opinions if so it always has been. 

well i tried...

A clueless loser, an ignorant winner

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2020 8:39 pm
michel and ukadmin liked
shackleton
(@shackleton)
Trusted Member

I don't think there was much wrong with the 2016-2020 version. The only problem I remember was the constant bickering and abusive behaviour. Maybe have less forums.

Gizza kiss and I'll tell yer a silly story.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2020 8:44 pm
Elfstone, michel, gee and 1 people liked
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Member Admin
Posted by: @stevef

Good call on the new thread, Richard. 👍 

Have you got a screenshot of the 2016 - 2020 front page? Old critturs like me have got a poor memory. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2020 10:57 pm
michel liked
luigipagano
(@luigipagano)
Trusted Member

@ukadmin

The screenshot is not big enough to give an idea of what the old site contained. The link you previously provided took us to the actual front page which was much more visible. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2020 8:18 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Member Moderator

I am happy to go along with suggestions. I do feel though, that a return to two posting days and a limit to two submissions on those days makes for the best way of doing things. 😏 

So hopefully a clear and concise front page with new work at the top so people know where to look and can keep tabs on things?  🤓 
I also liked us being able to take poems into favs again?

I never let good advice interfere with my plans.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2020 2:11 pm
ukadmin liked
stevef
(@stevef)
Member Moderator

A nice airy look to the pages lately. 👍 

Looking for clauses in the Ten Commandments

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 1:32 pm
stormwolf liked
franciman
(@franciman)
Noble Member

I'm happy to go along with what people have in mind for the new site.  I do agree with Shacks though, that we should reduce the number of forums, at least to begin with.

Cheers,

Jim

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2020 8:49 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Member Admin

Okay,

Today - 20/09/20, I have restarted the MAIN ukauthors.com website. 

It's pretty much how it was when we closed it and moved here. I've removed and rearranged some things and tried to keep things a bit more simple. Fewer blocks down the sidebars and that sort of thing.

Scheduled submissions are back and publishing days are Monday & Friday at 5am. Maximum subs are set to 10 per publishing day and anything over 10 will be re-scheduled for the publishing day following the next one!

Also back is new member registrations so this may start to provide a few headaches if/when 'trouble' arrives!

I need some admins who would be willing to moderate things - not just the forums but the submissions, shoutbox, comments etc.

WordPress knowledge would be an advantage.

I have stripped the forums (not these ones but the main site) to a minimum.

So, start using the site again and we will see how things go and what needs to be added/removed/changed/fixed etc.

If things work out then these forums will no longer be needed and I'll shut them down. SO start using the NEW ones from today.

thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2020 6:54 pm
Share: